- A GJ return authorization (“RA”) must be issued in writing before material can be accepted for return. Such RA’s can only be approved for issuance by Ron Geil (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chief Operating Officer.
- Requests for return authorization must be made within 60 days of invoicing.
- Except when GJ is unable to pick up, any items approved for return must be in GJ possession within two weeks of issuance of the RA or the RA will be cancelled.
- Shipping charges for approved returns will be the responsibility of the customer unless the return is for a GJ error and/or there is a replacement order.
- Customer is responsible to prepare material for return properly boxed, shrink wrapped, banded, or palletized to ensure returned product is not damaged. Material must be free from damages, markings, tape and/or glue. Material must be in its original packaging and in saleable condition so credit can be granted after examination.
Items Eligible for Return:
- Any running-line stocking items.
- Non-stocking or special-order items in the event the manufacturer agrees to take back the items. In this case, the customer would be responsible for the return freight and the restocking fee as determined by the manufacturer. For example, Tarkett requires a 45% restock charge if they agree to take back material.
- Sheet goods in full rolls only.
- Carton flooring goods in quantities of five or more cartons per SKU.
- All items that a dealer wishes to return due to GJ and/or manufacturer error, i.e. shipping errors, damage in transit, or mislabeled product are eligible for return. There are no minimum quantities and no restock fees for material returned for GJ and/or manufacturer error.
A. Damaged material should be identified at the time of delivery and either refused or noted on the delivery ticket that damage exists. No exceptions.
B. Requests for return due to hidden damage may be approved only when a GJ representative has inspected the merchandise and concluded that the damage would have been hidden at the time of receipt.
- All items will carry a minimum $50 restocking fee.
- Roll Goods:
A. Full rolls will carry a 20% restocking charge.
- Stocking Carton Goods:
A. Less than pallet quantity (five carton minimum) will carry a 20% restocking charge.
B. Pallet quantities or more will carry a 10% restocking charge.
- Returns for material where hidden damage is discovered or where items were sent in error (i.e. wrong size, wrong color, order cancelled*, incorrectly labeled cartons, etc.) will not be assessed a restock fee.
A. *Cancellation numbers are provided each time an order is cancelled. In the event material is delivered and the dealer cannot provide a cancellation number, the criteria for returns must be met and restocking fees will apply.
Items Not Eligible for Return:
- Items in opened cartons, not in their original cartons, and/or otherwise not fit for immediate resale.
- Adhesives & installation supplies.
- Dropped or discontinued items.
- Items sold “as is” or that are marketed as less than first quality material. These grades of material may only be returned if a GJ or manufacturer representative deems the material un-installable. Such material will always have some differences from first quality material and those differences will not be a basis for return.
- Carton quantities of less than five cartons per SKU.
- Items that are potentially defective are not eligible for return. These items must be processed as a warranty claim with the respective manufacturer. If the manufacturer approves the claim and wants the material back, arrangements will be made to either ship the item(s) directly to the manufacturer at the manufacturer’s expense or return to GJ.